IQIM Seminar Series
The IQIM Seminar Series is a weekly event providing an overview of the different activities conducted within the IQIM through informal, accessible talks. Graduate students, post-docs and faculty are brought together to keep to date with progress in the different branches of the IQIM, with an opportunity for additional discussions at the provided lunch and coffee.
When, what, where
*Fridays, starting with lunch served at 12:00, in 114 East Bridge
Information for Speakers
Because of the varying backgrounds in the IQIM community, talks are welcome to be kept as simple as possible and on a high level. Speakers are encouraged to spend half of their presentation providing a fleshed-out introduction of their field to the full IQIM community, introducing and motivating all the relevant concepts and allowing the full audience to appreciate the importance of the presented results. A focus on a strong take-home message is usually preferable over detailed coverage of all latest results. We invite talks to target a length of 30-40min, bearing in mind that informality and interactivity with the audience are generally welcome and that the presentation length may in consequence naturally be prolonged to some extent. Questions and additional discussions may furthermore continue over coffee.
The IQIM Seminar Series is organized by a committee of graduate students and postdocs. Contact any one of us if you have any questions or wish to participate.
- Yuval Baum, IQIM Postdoctoral Scholar
- Alberto de la Torre Duran, Postdoctoral Scholar
- Alexandre Cooper-Roy, IQIM Postdoctoral Scholar
- Ioana Craiciu, Graduate Student
- Arian Jadbabaie, Graduate Student
- Richard Kueng, Postdoctoral Scholar
- Angelo Lucia, Sherman Fairchild Postdoctoral Scholar
- Eric Morgan, Graduate Student
- Robbie Polski, Graduate Student
- Hechen Ren, IQIM Postdoctoral Scholar
- Grant Salton, Postdoctoral Scholar
- Brian Timar, Graduate Student
A list of all talks, including upcoming speakers can be found at on the Caltech master calendar.